Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Me so Sorry!

So I have no excuse as to why I am no longer posting..sheer laziness I suppose. But I have decided to give it one more go and try this newfangled blog business. So to begin again I shall repost a post I just wrote for another board I am a member on-see laziness comment above. Anyway, I make a solemn promise to post more......do you promise to read more? There...all better now....I'll be waiting for the flowers and candy in the post!

Lost 'N almost Found
So Ben (my 4 yr old) is constantly finding things on the sidewalk/ground/park..usually its nickels and pennies and half broken charms off of little girls’ necklaces-which he promptly orders me to put on a piece of string so he may prance about with a half broken pink heart-shaped charm much to my dh’s chagrin.

So last night when I got home from work my nanny said 'oh Ben found something today '. He ran over and showed me a Blackberry! I couldn’t figure out how to turn it on and assumed the battery was dead. Ben told me he found it on the sidewalk beside the library.

So I called my boss (who is a crackberry addict) and asked him how to turn the thing on...and we figured out the battery was dead so he told me to bring it to work and he’d charge it and try to figure out who it belonged to.

The next morning at 6:30 am kids and I are sitting around (YES..we wake up this early...feel sorry for me?) and we hear-bring ring ring..and I said 'what was that?' and Ben (ever the millennium child) responds, 'that's the Blackberry' hee

I grabbed it. The display was all lit up. So first I tried pushing a whack of buttons to make heads or tails out of this technical enigma....then I handed it to Ben to do the same..next was Andrew’s (almost 3 yr old son) turn..who managed to find her address book-but just names-no phone numbers....we got no further so I shoved it into my purse for my boss’s examination....

At work, my boss (of course) managed to tell me the owners name ‘Erica X’ and rhymed off a list of people in her phone book. The first woman I called ‘Suzanne’ denied Erica’s existence-should I tell Erica that Suzanne is no friend of hers?

At last boss man found her hubby-a lawyer-gave me his home/cell/work number. I called and at first he was not giving me any information about Erica but when he discovered that I had her Blackberry then it was all champagne and roses....he ended up being very nice and lives on a swanky street. He asked if I was comfortable giving out my addy to have wife come retrieve it-I told him I am FINE with that-if anyone should worry it should be them! So I gave my name and cell number and hope she comes tonight to get it..i am secretly hoping she give Ben a fin for his troubles-would be nice....and I’ll let him take it too...but won’t mention it lest he hold the Blackberry ransom until he gets the funds....we shall see...may be an exciting evening for us!!!


And the excitement did not end there last night. Ben brought home ‘Pirate Dog’ from his kindergarten class. Each child gets ‘Pirate’ for one evening/night. So far only Aaron has had him. (I guess they are going alphabetically) Aaron wrote his own name at the top of the first page and then his mum wrote all sorts of things about Pirate Dog’ and she has REALLY nice handwriting. She also drew a pic of Pirate on the opposite page and it appears that Aaron coloured it in-or else she is an awful ‘colour-er’ as the colouring is not inside the lines....

Anyhoo....I had to of course follow suit. So I wrote all sorts of neat things that Pirate has done at our house (all utter bullshit). I forced Ben to write his name and then I tried in my own lefty sloppy way to print neatly....also drew him in and Ben tried to colour it...then Ben asked me to draw an axe above the pic pf Pirate but I didn’t want the teacher to think Ben is a psycho and wants Pirate to be hacked into pieces so I made a very obscure axe-Ben said it looked like a flag.

This morning Ben said ‘hey..I forgot to sleep with Pirate last night’ I told him that I put Pirate on his bookshelf and he stayed there all night. I had already written that Pirate did this in the notebook-meanwhile he had actually spent the night crammed back into the tiny knapsack that he came home in....have I mentioned I hate dogs?

No comments: